Friday, January 7

Gobi Manchurian -dry

Ingredients
For deep frying
cauliflower-1 , cut into small florets
allpurpose flour/ maida-6 tbsp
cornstarch-4 tbsp
chilli powder- 1 tsp or to taste
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
For the sauce
oil-1 1/2 tbsp
yellow onion(medium size)-1 chopped finely
green onions- 1 bunch,chopped (the base white part and top green part seperately)
ginger- a small piece, chopped finely
green chilli- 1 chopped finely
garlic- 5 cloves, chopped finely
corn starch-1 tbsp
chilli sauce-1-2 tsp acc to taste
tomato sauce-1tbsp or to taste
soy sauce-1 tbsp or to taste
salt to taste
Method
Mix all purpose flour/maida ,cornstarch ,chilli powder and salt in a bowl and a little water to make a thick paste (bhajji consistency).
Wash cauliflower florets and add it to the paste. mix it well so that the florets are coated well with the paste.
Deep fry the florets in oil and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped onions and the base part of the green onions. fry for some time and add the chopped ginger , garlic and green chilli pieces.Add salt to taste.
Saute for a minute and add the chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soysauce.
Mix the cornflour with water and add it the mixture.Simmer the flame and when the sauce thickens add the deep fried cauliflower florets.
Mix well so that the florets are covered well with the sauce. sprinkle the chopped green part of the spring onions and serve hot.

13 comments:

Raks said...

Hi Prema, how are you? Manchurian looks great,my kids favorite :)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Nice to see ur after loooooooooong time.. Manchurian is my very fav one..looks yumm yumm

Reva said...

Yummy manchurian...looks inviting..
Reva

sra said...

hey, Prema, how have you been? good to see you back.

Prema Sundar said...

Thanks guys..

SpicyTasty said...

awesome gobi manchurian..love it..

dsdsds said...

Welcome back Premaji.. I know i am a bit late but i was waiting for your posts.. i am happy you have resumed blogging.. all your recipes are very good.. nice one premaji

ABHISHEK BAIKADY said...

hello madam,

whats the reason for adding corn starch powder mixed with water to sauce ?? how does it work ??

abhishek baikadi
nit calicut

Sandeep Raman said...

Hello,

My wife prepared the manchurian after following this blog word to word except garlic and green onion. Instead she used capsicum which added to the taste.

Believe me, it did not taste like a first time.

It was very tasty, excellent.

Thanks so much from both of us [my wife and me].

Unknown said...

Its very nice dish. I like Gobi very much . My mom must try it. I like to share you all some South Indian Dishes.

Unknown said...

nice recipes posts
cotton sarees online | salwar kameez wholesale | designer sarees online | bridal sarees | designer salwar kameez | dress materials online

Adreana Joseph said...

Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective.
Gift card generator 2019

Anonymous said...


I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world had crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could live a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from church to church but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could sever, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure for Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua herbal treatment (A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com WhatsApp: +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.