Thursday, October 5

Aloo Curry

This is the usual aloo curry. Most of you all will be familiar with this. I love this dish very much as it is simple to make and tastes great..
This goes well with vegetable biriyani ,Rice and sambar, rasam , dhal etc…here goes the recipe



Ingredients

Potatoes- 5
Onions - 1 large chopped finely
Garlic- 5 cloves or garlic paste- 1 ½ tsp
Chilli powder- 1tsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Garam masala -½ tsp
Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
Coriander leaves- 2 tsp finely chopped
Oil - 4 tsp
Salt to taste



Method

Grind garlic to a paste. Pressure cook potatoes , peel the skin and cut them into cubes.
Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds. When it splutters add the curryleaves and garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell of the garlic disappears and add onions . fry for some time and add chilli, turmeric ,garam masala powders along with salt. Then add the potatoes. Mix well, Simmer the flame , close with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 mins. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

16 comments:

indosungod said...

I make this all the time, it is a dish that comes in handy anytime.
Love the taste too.

sra said...

Thanks for the comment, Prema. Haleem is a spicy dish made of ground lamb and dal.

Anonymous said...

aloo - the most versatile subji of all, just love it.

Krithika said...

Goes well with puri or rotis too. Thanks for sharing

Latha said...

Oh yumm. the aloo looks groovy. I'm sure it tastes great with anything. I make mine differently Prema. I would love to try yours next time I make aloo.
Cheers
Latna

FH said...

Simple and delicious!! I do make this for chapatis and love anything with potatoes and yes!! I am plump er..well rounded!!:D:D

Syam said...

I eat this all the time when ever I get this :-)

Anonymous said...

This aloo curry is so versatile and can be fixed in a jiffy ! yum!

Prema Sundar said...

Yes.. true sure it is a versatile subji shankari and Monisha.
Thanks Sra , Do post the haleem recipe..
Yes krithika and Asha it goes well with pooris and chapatis too. If it is left over i use it for masala dosa stuffing too.
It sure is a dish that comes in handy Indo.
I love this too syam ..
Try this Latha and u will love it

Anonymous said...

It looks great Prema. I love any dishes with aloo in it. Will try your version soon. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Potato in any form is a great confort food... Nice pic

Anonymous said...

yum. I think this would also taste good with puris.

Anonymous said...

I love this dish... I came in search of the receipe to make the potato masala which we get in masala dosa or along with puri. But this seems simple. I will try this sometime. :)

Anonymous said...

Prema, this is my husband's fav dish... its been quite sometime I made this dish-- thanks for reminding the recipe:)

Anonymous said...

I love potatoes...your dish looks real good.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Premar Sundar this potato curry recipe looks delicious :)