Friday, July 21

Peas Pulao



This is a simple pulao recipe. Try it out and let me know if u liked it...

Ingredients

Basmathi Rice-2 cups
Frozen green peas- 3/4th to 1 cup
Onions-3
coconut milk- 1/2 cup(optional)
oil- 4 tsp
ghee- 1 tsp
To Grind
green chillies-6 (if u want more spicy 8)
cinnamon- 1 smallpiece
cloves-4
saunf-1 tsp
ginger- 1 small piece
garlic- 4 cloves
coriander leaves- a few



Method
Soak the Basmathi rice in water for 15 mins . Drain it , add 1 tsp of oil and microwave it for 2 mins.
Heat 4 tsp of oil and 1 tsp of ghee in a kadai . Add the onions and saute till it becomes transparent. add the ground masala to this. saute till the oil seperates.
Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk + 2 1/2 cup of water or 3 cups of water( in the ratio of 1:1 1/2) in the rice cooker. When it boils add the peas,sauted masala and rice.cook until done.
Serve hot with aloo kurma and raita.

note: I did this in the rice cooker,so i followed this method. U can straight away do this in the pressure cooker too. Instead of kadai add oil in the cooker itself , fry the ingredients and add rice and water to it and cook .

6 comments:

Priya Bhaskaran said...

Prema,peas pulav is one of my favorite too:) I liked your fried rice --I have bookmarked it:)You have nice recipes

Prema Sundar said...

Thanks priya for visiting my site. U r the first food blogger to leave a comment on my site.Iam really happy on seeing ur comment.Iam only in the beginning stage and have posted only a few recipes. Pls do visit my site often.

Spicelover said...

Hi Prema
I made peas pulao today using your recipe with some slight modifications. It turned out really really good. I will post it on my site soon... Thanks for sharing your simple yet wonderful recipe.

venil said...

hi Prema...
I have been trying lots of ur dishes a and its a success always..I made this pulao today for a get together at home and it was a great hit ...Thank you so much...

srividhya Ravikumar said...

first time here when searching pulao.. gret recipe .. following you

Lakshmi said...

Hello Prema,
I bumped into your blog when i searched for "Peas Pulao" recipe.
I tried exactly the same way u have mentioned.It has come out really good.. Tastes abs fine .. I ll def get recipes from your blog in future.

Thanks...
Srimathi